The Pediatric Trials Network (PTN) will be presenting its research at the Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) Meeting May 5-8 in Toronto.
The annual PAS Meeting brings together thousands of researchers, academics, and clinical care providers united by a common mission: to improve the health and well-being of children worldwide. It is supported by the American Pediatric Society, the Society for Pediatric Research, the Academic Pediatric Association, and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
During the annual meeting, PTN investigators will share information on a variety of studies involving antibiotic safety, treatment of hospital-associated and ventilator-acquired bacterial pneumonia, infant weight estimation, personal protective equipment, and the development of a data repository to aid in pediatric research. See a detailed schedule of PTN-related presentations below or view the online program guide on the PAS website.
Saturday, May 5
- 1:15 p.m. – Validation and Human Factors Evaluation of a New Device for Infant Weight Estimation – Dr. Susan Abdel-Rahman, Children’s Mercy Kansas City (Poster)
- 1:15 p.m. – The Use of PPE during Pediatric Resuscitation: Which Tasks are Most Affected? The Results of a Survey during a Simulation Trial – Dr. Aaron Donoghue, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (Poster)
Sunday, May 6
- 11 a.m. – The Impact of Personal Protective Equipment on Performing Critical Procedures for Pediatric Patients in the Pre-Hospital Setting – Dr. Maybelle Kou, Inova Fairfax Hospital (Platform)
- 3:45 p.m. – Population Pharmacokinetics of Milrinone in Infants and Children – Dr. Christoph Hornik, Duke University (Platform)
- 4:45 p.m. – Development of an Electronic Health Record Derived Multicenter Inpatient Pediatric Data Repository – Dr. Christoph Hornik, Duke University (Platform)
- 5:45 p.m. – Hospital Associated and Ventilator Acquired Bacterial Pneumonias in Infants and Children – Dr. Jessica Ericson, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center (Poster)
- 5:45 p.m. – Population Pharmacokinetics and Safety of Sildenafil in Premature Infants – Dr. Daniel Gonzalez, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy (Poster)
Monday, May 7
- 2 p.m. – Antibiotic Safety and Efficacy in Infants with Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections (cIAIs) – Dr. Michael Smith, Duke University (Platform)
- 5:45 p.m. – Dosing-Safety Relationship for Acyclovir in the Treatment of Neonatal Herpes Simplex Virus Disease – Dr. Jessica Ericson, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center (Poster)
- 5:45 p.m. – Impact of Personal Protective Equipment on Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Performance – Dr. Aaron Donoghue, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (Poster)
- 5:45 p.m. – Weight Gain and Metabolic Syndrome in Children Exposed to Second-Generation Antipsychotic Medications – Dr. Angela Czaja, Children’s Hospital Colorado (Platform)
Tuesday, May 8
- 7:30 a.m. – Correlating Pulmonary Hypertension by Echocardiogram with Mortality in Premature Infants – Dr. Rachel Torok, Duke University (Platform)